Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Chapter 6

Peter sighed as he prepared to break the news to the two girls.

They waited patiently.

Kate had already shared with Peter the fact that she was pregnant: She had been for over 5 months now. Her face displayed a smug look: She knew he would pick her over that terrible maid.

Marcia, however, had the same feeling: Marcia knew he would pick her over the loner artist. 

Peter leaned forward.  
"Kate, may I see you outside?"
They wandered out to the same bench where they shared their first kiss.

Kate crossed her legs.
"So what's your desision?" She asked without hesitation.

Peter leaned over and put his arm around her, saying how wonderful she was.

Marcia was feeling impatient, and she sat down on the bench next to the two.
"So, did you tell her you picked me yet?" Marcia asked with a hint of uncertainty.

Tom gazed in wonder at the flowers on the table.  

When he was paying the consequences for his actions, it showed who his real friends were.  

He heard footsteps and turned around, and it was Kate.  He hadn't seen her in a while considering she was working for an art exposition now.

"Bill!  I'm pregnant!  I forgot to tell you, I'm so sorry!" She said.
Unfortunatly for Bill, it was probably a new boyfriend of hers.

"Wait," Bill said looking at her stomach, "You look pretty far along.  We're you pregnant before I went to the hospital?" 

Kate gulped.
"Yes, I was.  And it's Peter's."

Bill didn't care.  He promised Kate he would help her the way she helped him.

A while later at the house, Marcia was prepping herself for when she was going to see who Peter picked.  She hoped it was her, even though the feelings she had for Peter were not matched by the feelings she had for Tom.

"So who do you pick, Peter, you've made us wait over a month!"

Good, she's interested! Peter thought to himself.
"You, of course." Peter said matter-of-factly.

"Great!  But I don't want you, I want Tom.  Goodbye," she said smugly.

She raced as over to Tom as fast as a pregnant woman could.  
"I picked you over Peter!" She said, attempting to give him a hug.
"Woah, who says I want you back, Marcia.  We went over this."

Peter grinned to himself.  He knew she would come back.

His thoughts were interrupted by Kate, who had just came home.
"So you pick me?  I just saw Marcia and Tom, so you must have picked me, right?" Kate said.
She is so whiny!  I can't tell her I picked Marcia and she didn't want me, or Kate will look down on me... Peter thought.

"I picked neither," He smiled.

"Oh, great.  I was hoping you wouldn't pick me.  I have to go see someone, bye then!" She said as she hurried out the door.

Kate knew exactly where she needed to be:

No comments:

Post a Comment