Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Chapter 8

Peter stepped outside, greeting the man.
"Do I know you from somewhere?" Peter asked him, as he let him inside.

"Sooo," Peter said awkwardly as he tried to recall why he knew him.

He glared at Peter.
"It's me, Allen!  We lived together for a week, then I left for the army and was shot?"

They sat down at the nearest couch.
"So your a.... ghost?" Peter asked, trying to be calm.

"No, not a ghost.  But, I was healing.  I couldn't call because there was no service.  But I'm fine, despite the scar on my back." Allen explained.

"Stupid land lines," he grumbled.

"ALLEN'S HOME!" He called.  He couldn't wait to see Hayley, he wanted to pick out a ring together soon!


Marcia and Kate raced down the stairs.

He was disappointed Hayley wasn't there with them.
"How are you here?  What took you so long?  Are you a ghost? I can't believe it!" Kate clapped happily.

"This is great," Bill smiled.

Marcia parted from the small crowd.  Kate approached her.  She knew Marcia was thinking about Hayley.  Someone had to tell him.
****

Allen sighed and panted as he raced along the coast.

Hayley ran up to him.  
"Come on! Come on!  I see the sirens!" She whisper-yelled.

"Let's go!" They said together.
They traveled for what seemed like days.
****

Kate and Bill were enjoying a normal Saturday morning, playing fuzeball before Bill's practice. 

"How about we raise the stakes," Bill asked, "I will give you a gift if you win?"

"Deal," Kate said as she scored the winning goal.

Bill cheered.  He had the best gift for Kate!

Meanwhile, Peter had got a strange call.  It was from the police.
They wanted to know if they had seen Hayley.

Peter squinted.  Hayley was in jail, right?

But of course, he hadn't seen Allen in a few days...

Allen and Hayley hugged each other in a tight embrace.  He had finally gotten her out of jail, by brute force.

"Guess who's back!" Hayley yelled.

Bill froze.  He was playing fuzeball to ease his nerves, and his blood froze as the heard THAT voice.

Allen followed Hayley in.
Bill ran over to him.
"Why on earth did you bring her back!  She's a monster!" He yelled.

"No she isn't!  I love her!" Allen screamed back.
******
Bill walked outside to greet Kate. 

"Okay, hold on,"  Bill said as he pulled out a black box.

"Kate, I love you and I want you to marry me.  I want to be your husband and Darren's father."  Bill said.

"Bill, I'm sorry."

"You're trying to replace Dianne with me.  I understand she will always hold a special place in your heart, but I don't want to just be a substitute for her," She explained.

She hugged him tightly.  They weren't ready to get married.

1 comment: